Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Story Behind the Photos, "Fogged In"

These shots are almost always labeled as favorites by my friends, family and viewers. The first shot is the very first image that has ever been purchased from any of my galleries.

"Fogged In A"


At the time I took these photos, I lived near Seattle Center. I was walking home from a laser show at the Pacific Science Center, at about 1:30 am when I noticed the fog start to glaze over the Needle.

"Fogged In B"
Just about the time it started to bring out the light beams from the sides and the glowing ring at the top, I started running fast for home. I made it there and back in about five minutes, whipped out the camera and tripod, set them up and started opening the shutter.

"Fogged In D"

 Not only does the fog rarely move in like this, but the Fun Forest that housed the Ferris Wheel is now gone. That makes some of these shots rare and impossible to recreate in the same way. The top photo has been labeled by many as my defining shot and is also one of my personal favorites. 

"Fogged In C"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?